We have 1159 apartments for rent in or near Indianapolis, IN
Did you know? Indianapolis is slightly underrated in terms of its popularity, but the city is making great strides to change this. Since 1990, the downtown area has seen more than 5 billion dollars in improvements.
Overview of Indianapolis, IN
The city is much more than the Indy 500 and beloved Indianapolis Colts. Indianapolis is home to an exciting nightlife and a variety of breweries. Plus, you can enjoy the downtown scene in the chillier months as well, thanks to the Skywalk system. This innovative transportation allows you to get from point A to point B without even stepping outside.
Best of Indianapolis
Best Place for a Romantic Date in Indianapolis: St. Elmo is the city’s most upscale restaurant. Not only will you find the state’s best steak and shrimp cocktail, you’ll also find a variety of Colts players dining alongside you.
Best Place to Get a Treat: Skip your typical dessert shop, and take the family to Sub Zero Ice Cream. The ice cream and frozen yogurt is made using liquid nitrogen, which results in a creamier and denser version of your favorite flavor.
Best Way to Pig Out on the Cheap: Every fall, Devour Downtown offers you the chance to eat at some of the city’s most illustrious restaurants for a major discount. You have two weeks to eat your way through downtown’s best three-course dinners. If you’ve been hankering for a night at St. Elmo but are living on a budget, then this is your window of opportunity.
Best Place for Relaxation: Invoke Yoga Studio is consistently ranked as one of Indianapolis’ best yoga studios. With a varied schedule, a range of workshops, and great packages for newbies, your body is sure to thank you.
Top Five Indianapolis Adventures
- Visit Indiana’s only urban state park: White River State Park is centered right in the middle of the downtown area and is 250 acres in size. You can explore on foot, bike, Segway, or take a paddling trip on the canal.
- Explore the Indiana State Museum: Located in White River State Park, the Indiana State Museum offers a fascinating rotation of exhibits that span from natural history to physics.
- Experience a bit of diversity: Broad Ripple Village is known as the city’s most culturally diverse neighborhood. It also offers a hopping nightlife with plenty of bars and live music and entertainment.
- Float down the Canal: The Indiana Central Canal is a hotspot for walkers, runners, and bicyclists. If you prefer to be on the water, you can rent a paddleboat or enjoy a gondola ride down this gorgeous waterway.
- Get your kids involved in local history: The Oldfields is a historic 26-acre estate with a mansion that has been fully restored to its original 1930s beauty. There is a variety of programs and events scheduled throughout the year.
2016 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
School and Demographic data copyright © 2009 Onboard Informatics. School content provided by Onboard Informatics. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
ApartmentGuide.com is part of the Network of Sites