#apartments in hattiesburg ms
Home Rentals in or near Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Explore Houses for Rent in Hattiesburg, MS
Hattiesburg is located just north of the De Soto National Forest and about 30 minutes south of Laurel. Thanks to the local cultural and recreational resources of the city, homes for rent in Hattiesburg are close to many interesting destinations for leisure outings.
Historical Highpoints of Hattiesburg
- Hattiesburg’s namesake, Hattie Lott Hardy, never made it to the city named in her honor before her death in 1895.
- Hattiesburg was established by Captain William Harris Hardy. Capt. Hardy thought of building a railroad connecting New Orleans and Meridian in 1868, a project that would eventually lead to the founding of Hattiesburg.
- The location of what is now Hattiesburg was the site of a fortuitous lunch break by Capt. Hardy in 1880. Downtown Hattiesburg is currently situated on the spot of that meal.
- To learn about transit, employment and local government, renters can visit the City of Hattiesburg official website .
- The Visit Hattiesburg website provides information on shopping, dining and other leisure activities in Hattiesburg.
- Economic and community development tools are available at the website of the Area Development Department.
Ways to Play in Hattiesburg
Renters with children may want to take their kids to check out the Hattiesburg Zoo, which is home to animals from mammals to reptiles. At the African American Military History Museum, visitors can witness exhibits that display items and information from numerous periods of African American participation in the American military, including World War II, the Korean War and the Revolutionary War. To relax and dine on some delicious dishes, a number of restaurants are located near Hattiesburg rentals. For instance, the Thirsty Hippo serves fare including salads, sandwiches and burgers. The Pastry Garden, on the other hand, has blue-plate lunches in addition to sandwiches, salads, burgers and soups.
Areas Near Hattiesburg